I would like to be able to read/write value from an OPC Client in the PI DA.
First I have configured two OPC Interfaces :
- One to read (PS_Read)
- One to write (PS_Write)
Note: the buffering system is configured with buffering
Then I also configured two PI Point
- pipoint_read with PS_Read and the good Interface ID as Location 1
- pipoint_write with PS_Write and the good Interface ID as Location 1
These two PI Point are configured with the same intrumentag (pointing on the same OPC Item)
Note: for this PI Point I also set the location 3 at 0-1-2 but I haven't seen any changes.
When I tried to set a value from OPC Client to the pipoint_write I got an error message on the OPC Client:
Failed on item 'collective_server' synchronous write for group 'opc_group' (HR=0x80004005)
Then I go to the PI DA Server > PI SDK > Message Log and I have:
Postevent feiled: [-11414] Buffured point does not accept new events Point ID: 'Point ID of pipoint_write' Connection ID 'xx', User: 'xx', User ID: 'IDxx', mode 'append, Event time: 'timeoftheevent', value: 'Value I tried to set'
So I tried to stop the buffering one the Interface (PS_Write).
To do it, I change the API Hostname from pisrv1 to the IP address of pisrv1 as I found on https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/37521-how-to-turn-of-pi-buffer-subsystem-or-buffering-for-only-one-interface
But by doing it I lose my connection between the PI DA and the Interface (PS_Write):
UI_DEVSTAT value 99 | Intf Shutdown
UI_HEARTBEAT Intf Shut
- Does someone know a different way to turn off buffering on one interface ?
- Does someone know the configuration needed for a PI point in order to write value to an OPC Item ?
- Does someone see if I m missing something ?
Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance