6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 2:05 PM by DDeCastro

Link on PI Graphics web part

DDeCastro

I have a web part page with a PI TreeView connected to a PI Graphics Webpart, on each svg displayed there are links to a subsystem which is also a svg file.  I want that when a user clicks on a link that the current graphic is replaced by the linked svg, similar to what happens when you select an element in the TreeView webpart and it is diplayed in the Graphics webpart on that page.  Currently I have an xlink command in the svg to set up the links but when I include a target attibute in the command trying to click on the link returns an error message "At least one dynamic symbol must be selected".  When I leave out the target attribute or include the "xlink:show" attibute clicking on the link dowloads the svg but does not open it on the webpart page.

Does anyone know the command that is called when an element is slelected in treeview that allows to svg file to be displayed in the graphics webpart or any other way to do this?

• Re: Link on PI Graphics web part
          Asle Frantzen

Hi Daniel

I haven't got a direct answer to your question, but rather a question why you're not using the normal Processbook buttons to open the new graphic (or display)? If you do that, and put both the .svg's in the same document library in Sharepoint, this will work ootb.

DDeCastro

Asle,

The .svg files were created by converting AutoCAD files to .svg, they were not made in Processbook and when I try to open the svg in Processbook all the elements are not displayed properly, but they are displayed accurately in the web part.

Asle Frantzen

Ahh, I see. So they're not realtime enabled...

Maybe @Paul Kaiser (feature request on vCampus) or anyone fron the webparts team can contribute on the matter?

My recommendation would be to create the simplest possible .svg from Processbook and then compare the xml to a non-Processbook generated .svg to see what makes the difference.

mwood

PI WebParts was designed to support PI ProcessBook generated svg files.  While it may be possible to display svg files from other sources, it really is not supported and not tested.  It is also quite possible that any success you might have could be unintentionally eliminated in a future release.  I would be interested in discussing your use case as a possible future enhancement to PI WebParts.  

Asle Frantzen

You could also create a custom webpart implementing the proper connection interfaces so that you could still get information from the treeview, and then add functionality to do exactly what you want.

There are lots of resources in the forums and blog section describing the process of creating a connectable webpart.

DDeCastro

Asle, Thanks I was able to compare the xml from a processbook display and see the commmands needed.  

Michael, we have a GE EMS which uses Autocad for its displays.  Instead creating separate files in processbook and having to maintian two sets when update are made, we wrote a script to convert the AutoCAD displays to .svg  and because we already have the PointNumber from the AutoCAD mapped to PITags we are able to see the real time values on the .svg displays.