2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2012 1:12 PM by drabinowitz

Visual Studios Symbol Event Handlers

I'm trying to expose the MouseOver event for symbols with a Visual Studios add-in to Processbook, but I have been unable to find it.  The display events were easy to expose as they were directly under Display.  I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the events for symbols.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

• Re: Visual Studios Symbol Event Handlers
          dhollebeek

I'm looking at the PB VBA help and I seen that a symbol does in fact have a MouseOver event.  However, it does not work like a display where there is just one event.  There is a separate event for each symbol on the display, like Trend1_MouseOver and Value1_MouseOver and Rect1_Mouseover.  Could this be the source of the confusion?

I would also take a look at PLI 26048OSI8 on the tech support website (MouseOver events do not fire in PB 3.3.0).  There is a patch comming out for this and other issues in the somewhat near future.

• Re: Visual Studios Symbol Event Handlers

Thank you for the quick response.  The thing is that shouldn't be too much of an issue, that it is used for each individual symbol.  They way I have my code setup I'm trying to add an event for each symbol individually as it is added to the Processbook display

this.app.ActiveDisplay.AfterSymbolAdded += new EDisplay_AfterSymbolAddedEventHandler(m_theApp_ActiveDisplay_AfterSymbolAdded);

public void m_theApp_ActiveDisplay_AfterSymbolAdded(Symbol symhold)

{

}

and then I'd like to add an event handler for mousing over symhold