Jgallo2

PI Vision Multi-Asset Filtering?

Discussion created by Jgallo2 on Jun 11, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2020 by armondelacruz

I'm making a series of Large PI Vision dashboards for Bioreactors to display important data during experiments. My business requirements include a display making up a dashboard of all important data points for ALL assets, i.e. Temperature with all 24 Bioreactors in a single trend. The other major business requirement is a display creating a dashboard for individualized assets for closer examination. This is the part that I am having trouble with.

Currently, I am accomplishing the individualized portion by using a URL to switch the context of my individualized display. The issue is I am only able to select a singular asset when using this method. I would like to be able to select a few or multiple assets when doing this. As you can see in the attached image there are multiple trends that the assets would be loading into. Right now this display is configured when you click a link on the main dashboard Display that switches the asset context of this individualized display. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be accomplished or if it is possible? I'm thinking maybe I could add dummy assets and allow you to click links on this page to switch between assets that way? Like a section to replace Asset 1, asset 2, and asset 3.

Outcomes