AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I print the entire PI Vision display to PDF? Browser print functionality is limiting the print to what is shown on the screen, scrollable content is not included in the PDF.

Question asked by jagdish.konathala Champion on Jun 27, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2020 by jagdish.konathala

We are trying to save paper based reports that no one has the time to review! Printing to PDFs is a great way to archive daily chemistry logs. 

Using 'ctrl + p' prints what is shown on the screen and the rest of the content is simply ignored which is not how other web pages print as page 1,2,... Is this supposedly a feature of PI Vision or a bug? If it helps - printing the PI Vision display with the GUI's text is cutoff (was told by support that there are no plans to fix this issue). 

A lot of blank space as shown and page 2, 3.. not showing for print. 

This is what I have on the page (had to use the fit to page in bottom right to show all elements. While this prints, when I have a lot of text/numbers on the display, the text size is squished and is unable at that point. 

It is so hard to have bugs like these fixed since I see a lot of such requests on feedback site unanswered. I am wondering if this is something a custom symbol can handle (printing all the content on the display and not just the info that is showing on the screen). Kenji Hashimoto, any thoughts on custom symbol for this bug?

Outcomes