Title: PIWEBAPI questions on point search
- Does PIWEBAPI support point query similar to AFSDK query in this doc: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Documentation/PI-AF-SDK/html/b8fbb6da-7a4b-4570-a09d-7f2b85ed204d.htm Could you provide some example ? We want the ability to filter (whitelist/blaclist) various PI Point attributes (name, pointsource, instrumenttag, etc.)
- If it does, does it require Indexing ? or Indexing+Crawler ?
- If it does require Indexing or Indexing+Crawler, does it mean that some information may not be the most recent as in the Server, until the Crawler gets it in the next craw interval?
- Is there a way for PIWEBAPI to do query as in #1 by turning off Indexing and Crawler, so that it always get information directly from the Server?
- If #4 is not possible, is there a way to tune Indexing and Crawler for faster interval to get the latest info from the Server sooner? What is the fastest interval?
- From the doc, The crawler service can index only PI Servers that are configured with identity mappings. If some PI Servers are in a workgroup, while PI WEB API / Crawler are in a domain, then how can we achieve query mentioned in #1 ?