5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 10:46 AM by Gregor

PI Module Database %OSI

paulip

Since %OSI element (module) is not available in AF, how can I copy of one element (module) and all of the children module and properties to another location using PI-SDK?

• Re: PI Module Database %OSI

Hello Paul,

%OSI, %OSI_MCN and %OSI_ManagedPI are used to store configuration data. The content is not synchronized by PI AF Link Subsystem but remains in the Module Database (MDB). There shouldn't be any custom data in %OSI. What's the reason you would like to copy content from %OSI to AF?

To answer your question, you can use PI SDK to read modules, aliases and properties from MDB and PI AF SDK to create corresponding elements and attributes in PI AF.

Gregor

paulip

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the quick response.  I need to add 3000 PI Dataset for PI Table, and I am looking to just copy from existing PI Dataset in PI MDB instead of start from the beginning everytime.

Hello Paul,

I believe you are talking about PI Calculation Datasets in PI WebParts, right?

Do you intend using these calculation datasets with AF Attributes?

If I am not mistaken, when using the PI Table WebPart you need PI Calculation Datasets which are stored in %OSI or more precisely in  %OSI\ClientApps\RTBaseline\DataSources\PI Data Archive\

Gregor