AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data stream error between UFL Connector and Data Archive

Question asked by tombayu.hidayat on Sep 10, 2020
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2020 by mhruzik

Hello,
In the past few days I was busy with connecting new data sources to our PI system. We mainly use the UFL connector to achieve this. We notice that the incoming data is quite a lot, so after creating some new data sources in the UFL Connector we got an message saying that the number of licensed PI points have exceeded.

To overcome this, I deleted some old and unused PI points, and seeing from the licensing information in PI SMT we seem to have enough space for the PI Points (we still have several unused left). However, after deleting the old PI Points I got this error message:

Severity: Error
Timestamp: 09/10/2020 09:34:13.661
Message: OSIsoft.Tau.PI.PIPointCreateFailedException: Create streams failed to PI Data server PROEFTUINBACK. See the Message Logs in Advanced Diagnostics or turn on MDA tracing for more details.
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.PIClient.ProcessStreamCreationStatus(StreamOperationStatus status)
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.PIClient.ProcessStreamRequests()
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.PIClient.CreateStream(String piNetStreamName, IDictionary`2 attributesDictionary)
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.TauEventToPIEventObserverMapper.TryGetMappedPointId(String piNetStreamName, Dictionary`2 attributes, Int32& pointId)
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.TauEventToPIEventObserverMapper.BuildDirectMapping(TauMemberSchemaAttribute schemaAttribute, Int32 timeStampIndex, Int32 schemaAttributeIndex)
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.TauEventToPIEventObserverMapper.BuildMapping()
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.TauEventToPIEventObserverMapper.Initialize()
at OSIsoft.Tau.PI.PI.Mapping.TauEventToPIMapperService.GetOrCreateValueMapper(String streamId, TauSchema schema)
at OSIsoft.Tau.ObserverBuffer.PI.PIEventQueueBatch.AddDataToValueQueue(String streamId, TauEvent data)
at OSIsoft.Tau.Framework.Common.TauEventQueue.BatchedTauEventQueue`1.ReRoute(Byte[] bytes)
at OSIsoft.Tau.IO.TauMessageBody`1.Execute(Delegate action)

The connection with the Data Archive also says:
Create streams failed to PI Data server PROEFTUINBACK. See the Message Logs in Advanced Diagnostics or turn on MDA tracing for more details.

I have an assumption that we have too much PI Points in our system now. But since we have already deleted some old PI Points and still have some space according to the license, I suppose it should be good. But the error message seem to indicate that we have exceeded the number of streams allowed.

I need some direction on how to solve this error. Any kind of assistance is appreciated!

Tombayu

Outcomes