2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 10:12 AM by emladeira

PI Coresight Trend Customization

emladeira

Hello all:

I've been testing PI Coresight and one of the PI users asked me if its possible customize pen colors and vertical scale, like ProcessBook's trend. Are you planning to improve this in future releases?

Regards,

Eduardo Ladeira

• Re: PI Coresight Trend Customization
          tlebay

This is definitely something we have considered.  The vertical scale clearly needs to be configurable.  Can I ask why the pen color is important to you?  The answer will help us design the feature to be most useful.  Do you always want a certain tag to have the same color (for example the tag for water flow is always blue) or do you want to change the colors so that they are easier to distinguish?  What if the color was predefined by the AF template or attribute so that when a particular data item was placed on a PI Coresight display the color was assigned automatically and consistently?  

As a more direct answer to your question, we have started work on a major new feature for PI Coresight; the ability to view ProcessBook displays in a browser window.  Because you already have the ability to configure and draw your ProcessBook displays in a very detailed way we are hoping that this will satisfy your request.  The vision is that more technically proficient people will “author” ProcessBook displays (much like happens today) but lots more people will be able to view them using PI Coresight.  This broad group of people will use the simpler (less configurable) display tools in PI Coresight to do additional analysis or trouble shooting on an ad-hoc basis rather than having to get someone to create a new ProcessBook display for them.

• Re: PI Coresight Trend Customization
              emladeira

Hello Tom:

Asking the users, the most said that change of pen colors is just for presentation. I liked the idea of the pen color be an AF attribute.

I need more time to think about these changes and the impact on the way we work with PI here.

Regards,

Eduardo Ladeira