2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 4:30 AM by david@realiv

PI Web Services with Windows Phone

david@realiv

Hi, All, 

Anyone succeeded in coding on Windows Phone with PI Web Services? 

My previous experience wIth client or web applications is that after adding a service reference, creating an instance of the proxy and setting its AllowedImpersonationLevel to Delegation is quite enough. 

With Windows Phone SDK 8, however, trying to instancing a proxy just leads to exception. Also, ClientCredentials.Windows is not supported, but only ClientCredentials.UserName. 

Do I need some extra setting on client and/or server side? Thanks in advance! 

Best regards, 

David

• Re: PI Web Services with Windows Phone
          Lonnie Bowling

Hi David,

I have worked windows phone 7, but not 8 so I can't directly help.  Maybe if you give us a bit more information we could figure it out together.  What kind of binding are you using to connect to PI Web Services.  What is the exception message your are seeing.  I know that a lot has changed so I'm not surprised that you might be having issues.  With WP7 you can only bind using basicHTTP, similar to silverlight.  I think that is still the case with WP8 from what I just checked doing a google search.  Anyway, posting more details will help, along with any source code you want to share.  I can also try a test project to see if I get the same message.

Lonnie