mikeloria

Event Frames Generator Questions

Discussion created by mikeloria on Jan 31, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 by Dan Fishman

I have several elements that has an attribute called "Alert State". This attribute is a formula reference where the eunerated value is either OK, Warning, or Aert. I would like to use event frames to capture events when the attribute first becomes alerted and when it is no longer alerted. I will use these event frames to create database records to integrate with transactional data. My questions are:

1) Will the generator work with a formula based attribute in AF as described above? Please provide details limitations if possible.

2) Will it be possible to recoup if the generator is stopped such as is possible with pibagen

3) What is the feasibility of using the event generatir in the use case mentioned above? Will it be precise? I noticed that with a formula attribute that is on demand, notifications can sometimes lag on capturing the precise time of the trigger. Does the event generator improve on this?

4) Is the event generator ready today? I have 2 PI 2010 servers in a collective. Is it possible to just do an upgrade to 2012 or is it more feasible to do a clean install?

Outcomes