2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 4:24 AM by anshuman

Creating custom web services

anshuman

Can we expose an application written in C# which consumes PI data as a web service interface similar to the existing ones e.g.- IPITimeSeries and IPISearch?

• Re: Creating custom web services
          mhamel

@Anshuman: If I understand well your question, you can create a standard form based application that does not make use of the PI SDK or AF SDK but consumes information exposes by PI Web Services. Your application would use WCF under the hood to get what it needs and expose it under the form you like.

Maybe you can describe your use case so we can better answer your question.

• Re: Creating custom web services
              anshuman

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for the answer. Actually I am writing an application in C# which retrieves data from PI server using its OLEDB interface, constructs a JSON string of this data and exposes it as a web service interface. So essentially I want to create one more web service interface apart from the existing two [e.g.-  IPITimeSeries and IPISearch] which retrieves data from PI server on one hand and then supplies thus retrieved data to its clients which can connect to it using SOAP or REST protocols.