1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2013 3:49 AM by hanyong

ERD-enabled display giving "Unable to locate data point" message for non-existing attributes

Asle Frantzen

We have a set of ERD-enabled ProcessBook displays which our client has been using for a year now.

The AF elements are inheriting from a template called "Circuit breakers". Appr. 10% of the breakers inherit from a template called "DGA Circuit breakers", which then is derived from the main circuit breaker template. It has some extra attributes for gas analysis.

We've been using ProcessBook 3.2.3.0 together with AF 2010 R3 I think (2.4.0.0) until we recently upgraded to AF 2012. I don't know if my problem came about before or after that, but I do know that we didn't have the problems before.

The problem comes when navigating between a DGA-enabled breaker and a normal breaker, but it only appears some of the times. Where I previously just got "NO DATA" displayed I now get popup messages for each and every one of the data points missing, resulting in many extra clicks for the users. The message is "Unable to locate data point" plus a reference to the attribute it's looking for (which obviously isn't there).

But the strange thing is that I don't always get the message. Sometimes I just get the message for one or two of the missing data points, other times I get it for all of them. I would like to find out what is causing this error message, and why ProcessBook determines that some of the missing data points are important enough to give a popup message warning instead of just printing out "NO DATA".

Any ideas?

• Re: ERD-enabled display giving "Unable to locate data point" message for non-existing attributes
          hanyong

Hi Asle,

I've just created a test environment like what you described, and tried navigating between elements of the 2 templates in ERD dock window. I am getting NO Data displayed for items that doesn't resolve to any attributes like what you are expecting without any error dialogs. I am using ProcessBook 2012 though.

Not sure why you are getting the error, but I think this would require more troubleshooting of the error, looking at the configuration of the display and element etc. But I would say this probably would be better handled by Techsupport for further troubleshooting.