Roger Palmen

AFSDK RDA objects not recognized in compiler, e.g. AFAttribute.Data

Discussion created by Roger Palmen on Feb 28, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 by skwan

Hi All,

Starting my first RDA SDK development (a custom DR to aggregate bad quality from a PIPoint AF attribute), i got stuck on square one. 

First, i have the AF Client 2012 SP1 installed on my x64 machine (yes, did uninstall and re-install and checking in between that is has gone). This gives me the new AFSDK in C:\Program Files (x86)\PIPC\AF\PublicAssemblies. When i take a look at the OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll  properties, that states version 2.5.1.5159. That would need to be the correct and latest version.

Now i fire up my VS2010, and load my solution. The solution is targeting the .NET4 framework and compiling against anyCPU. I add a reference to the .NET OSIsoft.AFSDK.

I include the following Using statements, all give no problems, and are nicely recognized by the tooltips and giving no compile errors:

using OSIsoft.AF;
using OSIsoft.AF.Asset;
using OSIsoft.AF.Time;
using OSIsoft.AF.Data;  //This namespace only exists in .NET 4.0 version
using OSIsoft.AF.PI;    //This namespace only exists in .NET 4.0 version

When i now get to my code:

AFAttribute sourceAFAttribute = AFAttribute.FindAttribute(configString, this.Database);
resultValue.Value = sourceAFAttribute.Data.RecordedValue(resultValue.Timestamp, OSIsoft.AF.Data.AFRetrievalMode.AtOrBefore, sourceAFAttribute.DefaultUOM);

I get the following errors:

• On sourceAFAttribute.Data: 'OSIsoft.AF.Asset.AFAttribute' does not contain a definition for 'Data' and no extension method 'Data' accepting a first argument of type 'OSIsoft.AF.Asset.AFAttribute' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
  • On OSIsoft.AF.Data.AFRetrievalMode: The type or namespace name 'AFRetrievalMode' does not exist in the namespace 'OSIsoft.AF.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I just can't get my head around the issue, as on one side it seems to find the new namespaces, but on other locations it does not. Anyone any ideas? Maybe a call for a support ticket?

Outcomes