8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 11:36 PM by skwan

AFSDK RDA objects not recognized in compiler, e.g. AFAttribute.Data

Roger Palmen

Hi All,

Starting my first RDA SDK development (a custom DR to aggregate bad quality from a PIPoint AF attribute), i got stuck on square one. 

First, i have the AF Client 2012 SP1 installed on my x64 machine (yes, did uninstall and re-install and checking in between that is has gone). This gives me the new AFSDK in C:\Program Files (x86)\PIPC\AF\PublicAssemblies. When i take a look at the OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll  properties, that states version 2.5.1.5159. That would need to be the correct and latest version.

Now i fire up my VS2010, and load my solution. The solution is targeting the .NET4 framework and compiling against anyCPU. I add a reference to the .NET OSIsoft.AFSDK.

I include the following Using statements, all give no problems, and are nicely recognized by the tooltips and giving no compile errors:

using OSIsoft.AF;
      using OSIsoft.AF.Asset;
      using OSIsoft.AF.Time;
      using OSIsoft.AF.Data;  //This namespace only exists in .NET 4.0 version
      using OSIsoft.AF.PI;    //This namespace only exists in .NET 4.0 version

When i now get to my code:

AFAttribute sourceAFAttribute = AFAttribute.FindAttribute(configString, this.Database);
      resultValue.Value = sourceAFAttribute.Data.RecordedValue(resultValue.Timestamp, OSIsoft.AF.Data.AFRetrievalMode.AtOrBefore, sourceAFAttribute.DefaultUOM);

I get the following errors:

• On sourceAFAttribute.Data: 'OSIsoft.AF.Asset.AFAttribute' does not contain a definition for 'Data' and no extension method 'Data' accepting a first argument of type 'OSIsoft.AF.Asset.AFAttribute' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      • On OSIsoft.AF.Data.AFRetrievalMode: The type or namespace name 'AFRetrievalMode' does not exist in the namespace 'OSIsoft.AF.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I just can't get my head around the issue, as on one side it seems to find the new namespaces, but on other locations it does not. Anyone any ideas? Maybe a call for a support ticket?