5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 1:18 PM by cooperst

PI TreeView Webpart

cooperst

Hi,

I would like to change the text in the tree structure of the PI TreeView webpart as having this as white is inappropriate for our use.

Please can someone explain how to do this, screen shot below:

5873.PI-TreeView.jpg

Best Regards,

Steve.

• Re: PI TreeView Webpart
          Asle Frantzen

Hi

I don't really know how you were able to get that white color, but it's certainly not the default one, and afaik there aren't any settings where you can change this.

Did you change the default theme of the Sharepoint installation? Did you add custom CSS code?

Hello Steven,

According to my experience these text's are with black background by default. I however managed to change web part colors by applying a different theme (Home -> Change Site Theme or Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Site Theme (under Look and Feel).)

cooperst

Hi, Thanks for the response,

Yes we were told we had to use the default company portal theme colours for our Webpart pages so I got our portal team to create me a list of screen templates to create many layout templates so that when I create a new webpart page it uses our company colours etc...

Could this be picking up the default text colour in this theme?

Regards,

Steve.

Hello Steve,

I did some research and found PowerPoint 2010 can be used to create / modify SharePoint 2010 themes. It's possible to customize 12 colors; 10 theme colors (Dark 1, Dark 2, Light 1, Light 2 and Accent 1 to 6) plus 2 hyperlink colors. When exporting / saving as Office Theme additional variations of the 10 custom colors (lighter and darker ones) are created. After uploading the theme to SharePoint and looking at the preview in "Change Site Theme" the 10 custom colors and 5 variants for each are showing.

By testing I figured out that the text color used in PI TreeView WebPart is "Dark 1" or one of its variants. I don't know if it's possible forcing the usage of another custom color or one of its variants.

I assume that "Dark 1" is set to a light color in your custom theme.

cooperst

Thanks for the help I sorted this by adding a hidden content editor webpart and changed the Bground colour in there which worked.  I didn't want to edit the sharepoint theme as we are using templates built for us by our IT team.  Thanks again. Steve.