4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 8:37 AM by xwang

Values on PI CoreSight

neil.varnas

Hi,

Although I managed to successfully setup PI system I am very fresh to this software so Sorry if my question is a bit darft.

So I created some assets with AF. I also assigned some attributes for example height, volume, temperature and so on. Then assigned some static values to height and width and assiged couple a tag from PI server, which displays ( and updates )  the value perfectly fine in the AF.

Now the problem Im having is I cant see value on Coresight retrieved from my assets. I can see "static values" ( like height ). But the attributes which were assigned to a Tag on PI server, for example SINUSOID, it displays no Data, and an error message comes up as displayed in the picture (coresight successfully connects to AF and retrieves values, but it seems that AF doesn't pass actual tag point values, although they are updated and displayed fine in the AF view ) :

1207.Untitled.png

Please help,

any suggestions will be appreciated  A LOT ,

Neil

• Re: Values on PI CoreSight
          tlebay

Hi Neil- I suggest that you contact OSIsoft Tech Support.  They will be able to help you pretty quickly with this issue.

xwang

Hi,

error 10758 means you cannot have a SDK connection to PI server, please check something:

1. make sure PI server has given a trust to PI AF server

2. make sure PI server has given a trust to PI CoreSight server

Tom's suggestion is right, as OSIsoft Tech Support team is the expert team to solve the problem on what error occurs when you using PI server.

neil.varnas

Hey guys,

Thanks for the response, i kinda thought that this is a place of sharing problems, but since it serves a more general discussion purpose -  my apologies.

I'll try to ask the same question then in more general way:

When coresight is queries AF for values that has a PI point assigned to it, does the pi server or AF return that value to coresight ? I mean does AF redirect coresight to PI to get that SINUSOID value for example ?

Regards,

Neil