11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 1:59 PM by aguzu

RDBMS Interface Vs PI_STATUS

PierreMarcil

Hello, i try to figure how to input a digital state "shutdown" within RDBMS query.  reading doc i see I might be able to use PI_STATUSx, but I can t make it work.

I have been trying something like this just for testing :

select cast('2013-05-07' as datetime) PI_TIMESTAMP, 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' PI_TAGNAME1, 0 as PI_VALUE1, 'shutdown' PI_STATUS1;

Any tip/help/documentation would be appreciate, there is not much information on this in "Relational Database(RDBMS via ODBC) Interface, Version 3.19.1.x revision A"

• Re: RDBMS Interface Vs PI_STATUS
          mhamel

@Pierre: You need to use the digital state code for the status like 0 for 'good' and 254 for 'shutdown'. I was surprised that this information is not part of the manual.

PierreMarcil

select cast('2013-05-04' as datetime) PI_TIMESTAMP, 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' PI_TAGNAME1, 4 as PI_VALUE1, 254 as PI_STATUS1

This is giving me "Bad input"

Seem I aint using right way to do it..

PierreMarcil

Juste did figured it, state is neg value :

select cast('2013-05-03' as datetime) PI_TIMESTAMP, 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' PI_TAGNAME1, 3 as PI_VALUE1, -254 as PI_STATUS1

that way it work now

mhamel

@Pierre: I am glad you figured out. Yes you are right, status values must be passed as negative value. Negative values interpreted as System Digital Set,  positive as Bad Input and 0 as Good value.

PierreMarcil

Well i did apply live and... dang!  My interface is set to overwrite data when more than one record is receive on a timestamp, option "no null" and "read before overwirte" are enabled. Location 5 on my Pi Point is set to 1.  it do work well when one value have to be updated with a new value on the same timestamp, and end up with only one result at this particular timestamp.  but now, with "shutdown" status send, if my query run 5-10x per day, it generate 5-10x "shutdown" on the same timestamp.  Is there a way to end up with only 1 "shutdown" on a timestamp?

mhamel

@Pierre: I think you will need to "manage" this on the archive side by activating the compression on the PI Point configuration. If you enable the setting Compressing to 1, this will remove any duplicate values.

The /rbo and /Ignore_NULLS switches won't have a lot effect as the data relates to a new event in time which is set to 'shutdown' and it is not a repeated value returned due to the query itself.

PierreMarcil

Compression is enabled already.  Been doing some testing since last week on this. Might have find why this occure, seem to happen only when tehre a good value already feed previously on the same timestamp where shutdown is sent.  Doing some more testing this moring to duplicate this problem.  Got a ticket also open with OsiSoft help desk (480218)

mhamel

@Pierre: I have taken a look at the open ticket on your problem. I think the best would be to wait and get more details from the log files taken out from the interface.

PierreMarcil

I m calling back Techsupport in next few minute, just found a way to reproduce it.  Here an exemple of the RDBMS query :

select cast('2013-05-23' as datetime) PI_TIMESTAMP, 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' PI_TAGNAME1, 10 as PI_VALUE1, -254 as PI_STATUS1

union

select cast('2013-05-24' as datetime), 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' ,6, 0

union

select cast('2013-05-25' as datetime), 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' ,7, 0

union

select cast('2013-05-26' as datetime), 'BCQ:PTRM:TEST' ,4, -254;

run it once, then change value for 24 and 25, then rerun it, and the shutdown from the 26 going to be reinserted, it ll happen everytime you update value for 24 and 25.

PierreMarcil

***27-May-13 10:07:06 dump of 4 events

---------------------------------------------

pointid,recno,mode,timestamp,type,bits: value

966661,885683,replace,23-May-2013 00:00:00,14,S,O,A,S,Q [0,0,0,1,0]: 0, -254

966661,885683,replace,24-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,254,0,0,0]: 0, 0

966661,885683,replace,25-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,0,0,0,0]: 3, 3

966661,885683,precomp_arc,26-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,254,0,0,0]: 0, 0

........................................

***27-May-13 10:07:53 dump of 4 events

---------------------------------------------

pointid,recno,mode,timestamp,type,bits: value

966661,885683,replace,23-May-2013 00:00:00,14,S,O,A,S,Q [0,0,0,0,0]: 0, -254

966661,885683,replace,24-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,0,0,0,0]: 2, 2

966661,885683,replace,25-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,0,0,0,0]: 5, 5

966661,885683,precomp_arc,26-May-2013 00:00:00,12,S,O,A,S,Q [0,254,0,0,0]: 0, 0

....................................

aguzu

We confirmed this is an issue with the PI Buffer Subsystem. It no longer occurs with PI Buffer Subsystem 4.4