1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 12:07 PM by dhollebeek

Element Relative reference wont work in Processbook when retreiving a value from further up the tree

OxleyCreek

When I try to add a value to a processbook display using an attribute that gets its value from a parent element (see reference below) it will not display - just shows a blank.  The Site Name below is from an enumeration set. The element relative dialog box displays the value OK but when I leave the dialog box the value is blank. It seems to work OK if the reference is to an attribute below the current element. Is this a limitation of Processbook? Pi System Explorer displays all the attribute values OK.  

..\|Site Data|Site Name

• Re: Element Relative reference wont work in Processbook when retreiving a value from further up the tree
          dhollebeek

Michael,

If "Site Data" is an element, try "E..\..\Site Data|Site Name"

If "Site Data" is an attribute with a sub-attribute, try "E.\..|Site Data|Site Name

Due to how AF pathing works when ERD combines the context and the path, if you are going up, you have to first define the element you are starting at, i.e. "E.." (E is the context handler followed by '.' for the separator to the path, followed by '.' to reflect the current element).

Also, "\|" is not legal as far as I know in an AF path.  Either the next item is an element (in which case, you put a "\". or it's an attribute, in which case you put a '|'.

Thanks,

:D