rdube02

Accessing AF Data from VBA

Discussion created by rdube02 Champion on Jun 13, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 by vitorfarias

We recently upgraded to PI 2012, and also now have AF, which is great. AF is now synched with the module database, however, all of the Processbook displays and code that was written was based around the ease of accessing the module database aliases.

In VBA in Processbook, all I have to do is something like "Dim tmpMod as PISDK.PIModule" and "Dim myAlias as PISDK.PIAlias", and I can then access modules, aliases and properties from the module database. Now that we have AF, I would like to start making use of that instead, but I can't find any information on how you access AF elements in the same way that we could access PI modules. The only thing I can find here in the virtual campus are references to custom-writing .NET AF add-ons for Processbook - which is definitely outside the scope of what I'd want to do, considering it's so easy to get module database information through the PIModules reference.

Any advice or tips? I'd love to start using AF instead of the module database if it's as easy to access the data via VBA code.

-Ryan

Outcomes