3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 11:32 AM by Gregor

PI WebPart 2010 R2 - PI Gauge WebPart Properties using querystring

csgrbc

Hi All,

I am having issue with PI Gauage webpart properties set to default while using with querystring see the details below,

Step 1 -  I configured sharepoint page with PI Gauge webpart with custom scale(Min-0, Max-200) and in the legend properties i have only selected Value and Unit check boxes. It was pointed to \\\NYAF01\TEST_4\TEST_4\USA\Site\Electrical\RPPs\RPP_R34 and the querystring is defined as GAUGE. The sharepoint page URL is http://webserver/Shared Documents/testgauge.aspx

Step 2-  I also have RPP_R23 in the same AF database. So when I want to see the same data for any other RPPs, I am using querystring parameter in URL to pass the context path (AF Path for respective element) such as http://webserver/Shared Documents/testgauge.aspx?GAUGE=\\NYAF01\TEST_4\TEST_4\USA\Site\Electrical\RPPs\RPP-R23:

This is working and I am getting correct data from correct element using querystring but the issue is PI Gauge Webpart is not keep the custom settings I selected on sharepoint page http://webserver/Shared Documents/testgauge.aspx (such as custom scale, Legend properties - Value and Until) instead it is setting the PI Gauge Webpart to default settings (such as scale is set to Auto, and Legend all the check box are selected (default settings) while it should be only two check box should of been selected one for value and one for unit.

Does anyone know the work around to fix this issue? the only workaround I know is to create dedicated sharepoint pages for each asset (Element in AF) but this solution will affect scope of labor and manageability of site content. This option would be "Working hard" but "Not working Smart".

I greatly appreciate help.

Mitul Patel.

• Re: PI WebPart 2010 R2 - PI Gauge WebPart Properties using querystring

Hello Mitul,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you describe. When using a querystring PI Gauge Web Part always reverts back to Database. If the Attribute is a PI tag, minimum and maximum are calculated based on zero and span tag attribute. One approach would be to setup zero and span appropriately for each tag. However, I consider the observed PI Gauge behavior an "undesired feature" and suggest reporting it to OSIsoft Technical Support.

Have you tried using a PI Tree View for the navigation through AF? You can setup the Tree View to provide parameters to the Gauge. I've tried it and with this approach minimum and maximum remain "Custom".

• Re: PI WebPart 2010 R2 - PI Gauge WebPart Properties using querystring
              csgrbc

Thanks Gregor,

You are correct we can fix the minimum and maximum by configuring correct value in Zero and Span tag attribute. I already have a open call with tech support and they don't have scheduled fix date or version with this issue at the moment.

PI tree view would work fine but as per our need we need to use querystring feature and our customer doesn't want the PI tree view webpart on the page, also I could get the min and max scale by using querystring as well but my main concern is Legend properties. I don't know how to work around that.

Mitul.