2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 10:45 PM by rkathiresan

BaGen Memory Increase Eventually Crashes

tschnoor

Hello everyone,

I'm having an odd issue with PI-BaGen at one of our sites that has left me scratching my head.  We're using BaGen pretty heavily at this site and over time the memory builds up (as if there is a memory leak) and eventually crashes.  I don't necessarily think there is a memory-leak within BaGen itself, but I believe it has something to do with BaGen's incorrect handling of bad data.  The message logs show strange messages about stopping Sub Batches with names that don't make any sense:

19-Jul-13 23:20:51
      PIBaGen-localhost> Stopping SubBatch L with end time less than start time Ressting End time to Start Time. Requested Start Time = Requested End Time =

20-Jul-13 11:39:20
      PIBaGen-localhost> Stopping SubBatch <äe with end time less than start time Ressting End time to Start Time. Requested Start Time = Requested End Time =

20-Jul-13 17:37:25
      PIBaGen-localhost> Stopping SubBatch ü¦e with end time less than start time Ressting End time to Start Time. Requested Start Time = Requested End Time =

Has anyone seen messages like this before when using BaGen?  I'm not 100% sure that this is what's causing the memory issue, but it's something I think is worth looking in to.  Anyone have any other advice? 

Thanks,

Tom Schnoor