RJKSolutions

Template Versions

Discussion created by RJKSolutions on Aug 5, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 by skwan

Any plans for version functionality for templates, in particular Element Templates?

I want the ability to schedule updates to AF Servers by pre-deploying changes with an effective date in the future, much like you can currently do with derived element versions & query date but I don't want the additional/removed/changes Attributes from the Template until the effective date is current. Likewise, if the effective date has passed and I want to evaluate difference between Template v1 (historic) and Template v2 (current) then I just change the query date to see that. Template versions should adhere to derived element/attribute configuration changes from the template default (as it does with Element Versions) and just add/remove Attributes.

At the moment if you create a new Element version that uses Template A then you see the 2 versions, query date lets you review the configuration differences. If you then change Template A to add an Attribute then that Attribute is applied to both versions of the derived Element - I would like to specify either; apply to all derived versions or apply to current derived version.

Outcomes