6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 3:06 AM by Eugene Lee

Problem with Notification

Darren.Metcalfe

Hi

Whilst creating new notifications in my DEV environment, I have numerous running perfecty but have experienced an issue wuth one particular notification. The error message I am receiving is;

Could not start the notification: ANException: EN_AnalysisNotConfigured.

I'm unsure why this is happening when all of my other notifications are running correctly?

• Re: Problem with Notification
          Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hello Darren,

Please first of all check the logs of AF in the Windows Event Viewer and the PI Message Log and try to find for other relevant error messages.

Reviewing other calls that have dealt with this error, it appears this is a security issue. Which user account is your PI Notification Scheduler service running under? Does this account have read access to the PI Server tags which are being monitored by PI Notification?  

jorgewong

Was there a resolution with this?  I'm getting the same error for a subset of my notifications after doing an upgrade of AF to 2014.

lmlcoch

It may not be related to the error, but did you upgrade to AF 2014 (2.6.0)?

If so, there were multiple issues with PI Notifications. I would recommend upgrading to PI AF 2014 R2 (2.6.2).

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Alerts/AL00267

Assuming you're running AF 2.6.2, please elaborate a bit:

1. What is the PI Notifications version?
                  2. Since the error only occurs on a subset of Notifications, check the trigger - is it configured properly?

3. How is the scheduling configured (periodic vs. natural)? If it's Natural, try changing it to Periodic, see if it starts, then change it back to Natural - does that work?

Eugene Lee

Hi Jorge,

This KB gives a comprehensive explanation of this error.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB00972

Please have a look at it.

jorgewong

Thanks Eugene, doing this seem to fix it:

"If nothing appears to be wrong with the PI Notification, try changing the Time Rule to Periodic, see if it starts, then change it back to Natural to see if it fixes the issue."

Is there a way to do this in a bulk way to update?  We have about 1500 notifications and 1000 are having this issue.  I'm hoping I don't have to do this one by one.

Eugene Lee

Hi Jorge,

Definitely! You can loop through the notifications and use an IF statement to test for the Natural Time Rule and then proceed to do an update. For e.g.

foreach (AFNotification a in notifications)
                                        {   
                                            if (a.Analysis.TimeRule.PlugIn.ToString()=="Natural")
                                            {
                                                Console.WriteLine("Proceeding to update");
                                                a.Analysis.TimeRulePlugIn = srv.TimeRulePlugIns["Periodic"];
                                                a.Analysis.TimeRulePlugIn = srv.TimeRulePlugIns["Natural"];
                                            }
                                        }

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!