9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 9:03 AM by Shweta

Can't Edit Notifications Email Template

rdube02

This is probably a very simple, n00b question, but we're just getting started with PI Notifications here, and I've created my first PI notifications, which work great. I've received a few emails upon some tag state changes, so all is good.

The problem now is that I can't edit the design of the email body at all. When I go to the "message" tab on the notification and click on "Design", all of the editing/formatting tools are grayed out and I can't edit the body at all. I tried copying the notification over to a template, thinking maybe I can only edit Notification templates, but the same problem occurs there too.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. It's very frustrating not being able to figure out how to do something as basic as editing the notification email body...

• Re: Can't Edit Notifications Email Template
          Mike Zboray

The global message formats can't be edited from the message tab on a notification or template. You have to create a new one (or duplicate an existing one). If you want to edit the global format, with the Notifications plugin selected, go to Tools > Notification Settings. And then to the Delivery Formats tab.

Shweta

Hi,

Can anyone help on this please,facing a similar issue and not able to do as said above.Everything appears to be grayed out,non-editable.My objective is to get the target and the trigger value in the notification mail sent.

Thanks,

Shweta

Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hello Shweta,

Did you try to duplicate the Global Message or are you trying to edit it? If you are choosing the first option, please refer to the screenshot below in order to duplicate the message. If you still are not able to edit the message, please explain which step you are not able to follow.

8737.not.jpg

Hope this helps!!

Shweta

I am able to duplicate the message,but I am not able to see the values.As in I have included the trigger condition as a part of my new template,but it just shows me that attribute 1>= attribute 2.Whereas i am actually intrested in the values(values of attributes 1 and 2 which actually caused the notification to trigger.Is that possible to achieve,or am I missing onto something very silly from my side.

Thanks

Shweta

Thanks Marcos,

Have been able to it :)

Shweta

Hi,

This happens to be a separate question that I have in relation to PI Notifications.Is there a way out wherein if a notification is generated for an attribute having a bad value,a notification should be generated again when the the value comes back to normal,as in a good value in the same notification only?

I tried selecting "Notify only on change in status" check box but somehow this isn't working and notification for the closed state isn't generating.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Shweta

mhamel

@Shweta: It is possible. You can define your rule to test the value of your attributes with the BadVal function. If it is true it raises the notification, and it is false when it comes back to normal.

Be careful with the "notify only on change in status" as your states must have different weights. In other terms, if your notification is configured to test if the value is bad and also if it reached a certain threshold, you must insure that the state for both "alerts" are not equal.