2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 1:55 PM by MBanchuzhnyy

Timeout attempting to get non-exclusive lock

MBanchuzhnyy

Hello all,

I try to use UpdateValue() method of PIPoint class from AF SDK. And I get this exception:

[-16212] Timeout attempting to get non-exclusive lock.

2772.m02.png

Did anybody face something like that? What can be the problem? And other question is - is there some OSISoft paper which has all possible errors description.

Thank you.

• Re: Timeout attempting to get non-exclusive lock
          hanyong

Hi Maxim,

Usually this error indicates something wrong on the PI server end and not with your client or your code. If you take a look at the message log on your server, is the server reported repeatedly? You probably should take a look at the status of the server like the memory, just to make sure that the server is not overloaded. And hopefully you are not getting this from a production server.

If you need more assistance on this, it would be a good idea to get to the techsupport team and take a look at the server together to find a cause for the error.

Maxim Banchuzhnyy

is there some OSISoft paper which has all possible errors description.

I don't think there is such a paper at the moment. Most of the time, the errors can have different causes in different situations except for clear cut errors like -10400 or -10401 which is no read/write access. If you have any doubt, you can always contact the techsupport team to find out.