3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 5:28 AM by Pablo Benvenuto

Sample tags database and values

eradwan

Hi,

I just started with vCampus and downloaded the software and started installation; my question is there a way to take a copy of points and data from the VLE to restore it in my local setup?

Regards,

Emad.

• Re: Sample tags database and values
          hanyong

Hi Emad,

Referring to the post from Pablo in a previous discussion on a similar topic, http://vcampus.osisoft.com/discussion_hall/generic_forums/f/27/t/3358.aspx

I guess what Pablo mentioned applies to your question as well. There is no way you can connect to the PI System externally to get the information, but you should be able to export the information that you want and copy it out to your local environment.

eradwan

Hi Han,

I'm fine with that but how, I tried to access my PC while on your VM but nothing appears from 'Network', I also tried to access the VM computer name from my PC and also failed; will you please guide me to how to copy the exported files to my computer?

Thanks.

Pablo Benvenuto

Hi Emad,

If you want to export AF databases, simply export the databases to an XML file and then upload the files from the VM to an ftp site, or another cloud storage location, like Skydrive or Dropbox.  Alternatively, you can also access your web mail from the VM and attach the files to an email and send it to yourself.  You can then download the files to your local PC by accessing the files from your PC.  If you want PI Point definitions, you can export these to an Excel file and follow the same procedure to get them to your PC.