4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 10:55 AM by Gregor

PI Interfaces

larsoleruben

Hi I need an Inerface from MS-SQL to PI (The RDBMS-Pi interface), but where can I download it? If I go to techsupport and try out the Interfaces -> installation kits-> search i get no interfaces at all?

• Re: PI Interfaces

Supposedly one can see one's products via the following link: techsupport.osisoft.com/.../MyProducts.aspx

I say supposedly because due to how employee accounts are setup we actually aren't associated to organizations/sites. So I can't really test this (take it with a grain of salt).

In general, one can go to Tech Support Site -> Download Center -> Install kits -> Install Kits and then search for the product or item to download. In this case, just type "rdbms", leave the defaults on everything else, and click the search button.

The current result is:

"PI Interface for Relational Database (RDBMS via ODBC) (RDBMSPI) -- Install Kit", version 3.21.4.30a from April.

If I am not mistaken, this is the direct link to the current version of the interface:

techsupport.osisoft.com/.../StreamFiles.aspx

In any case, provided one is associated with an organization and site that has those licensed, then either of these methods should work.

Hello Lars,

PI Interface for Relational Database (RDBMS via ODBC) is not included with your vCampus development PI System. Please refer to vCampus General FAQ.

Can you elaborate what you are trying to do? Is there a "productive" PI System involved? 

larsoleruben

HI

I need some data transferred from a SQL-Server to my OSI-PI in order to have some data to work with. I would like to test some analysis tools on the OSI platform, with data I know so I can compare speed, results. etc.

We do not yet have a production system, but expect it to be in place early next year. Thus we are no trying to get into the ins and outs of the OSI platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Lars,

Dumping data from your SQL server into a text file and creating a piconfig input script would be an option to backfill some data but this is not the same as if data is flowing "continuously" through an interface. If you just need "some" data, you can set up a few PI Random Simulator tags or use e.g. PI Performance Monitor Interface to collect some real data from within your IT infrastructure.

If you need to test PI Interface for Relational Database within your infrastructure, please consider talking to your account manager at OSIsoft.