8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 2:47 PM by Gregor

OPC Interface

marco.zoccoli

Good evening,

I have an OPC interface with "3000" tags.

About 2800 tags are "unit down" while the remaining "200" works well.

I do not understand why it was the "Device Status" interface is "3 | 1 device (s) in error" --------->200 tags work fine

Maybe there is a percetuale of tags, if that do not work well, changes in the Device Status Error?

Can you help me understand.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Marco

• Re: OPC Interface
          mhalhead

I Marco,

80% of the points must be healthy for the device status to be healthy. I.e. less than 20% can be bad.

Hello Marco and Michael,

As far as I recall, device status "3 | x device(s) in error" generally means that x data sources cannot be connected. With the OPC Interface the amount of data sources that can be configured for a single instance is one. Hence device status "3 | 1 device(s) in error" means that the OPC Interface cannot connect to the specified OPC Server (nor its backup).

When the amount of tags with "good" status drops below 80%, the device status tag reports "2 | Connected / No Data". The default percentage for "Connected / No Data" is 80 but the behavior is configurable using the /RP parameter (/RP=y where y refers the required percentage of "good" tags)

marco.zoccoli

Hi Gregor

thanks a lot for the information.

But  I do not understand, that if interface does not connect to the OPC Server("3 | 1 device(s) in error"), all tags should be "BAD", while I have 200 tags valued fine.

something wrong?

Thanks a lot

Marco

Hello Marco,

Before joining the vCampus Team, I was working at OSIsoft Technical Support and have handled quite some OPC Interface calls. I don't remember that I've ever seen that production tags receive updates while the device status is at "3 | 1 device(s) in error". On the other hand I would never say "this is impossible" but prefer something like, "I consider it very unlikely".

Indeed the issue you are reporting requires being investigated. Have you opened a case at OSIsoft Technical Support already or do you like to be contacted by a Technical Support Engineer?

marco.zoccoli

Hello Gregor,

No I have not opened the case to technical support.

How can I open it?

thanks

Marco

Hello Marco,

Please see the Contact Us page at OSIsoft Technical Support web.

It would be our pleasure to hand your issue over to Technical Support but this may cause some delay. We are working on improving our procedure for the handover to further improve user experience but am not yet finished. Please let us know if you would like to be contacted or prefer opening a call yourself. 

marco.zoccoli

Hi Gregor,

One last question.

In the previous post, you spoke of the RP parameter.

This parameter is not obligatory?

There is a default value if it is not present?

I have seen the file ".bat" and not present.

To explain better the place below:

"C:\RTIS\PI\PIPC (x86)\Interfaces\OPCInt\OPCInt.exe" 1 /AF=Y /AM=200 /AR=Y /CO=N /CR=N /DA=CONNECT /DI=IDENTIFY /DB=2 /ER=00:00:01 /ES=CACHE /GL=Y /GS=Y /IF=N /IS=N /IT=N /MA=N /NT=N /RD=30 /SERVER=10.161.0.98::OPC.SDI.1 /SQ=N /TS=Y /US /UWQ=0 /VN=2 /PS=OPCTOPI /ID=1 /host=ERBUCEGRPPI2:5450 /ec=2 /maxstoptime=120 /sio /perf=8 /f=00:00:01

Thanks a lot

Regards

Marco

Hello Marco,

The /RP parameter is optional. When not present, OPC Interface will use the default of 80. Interface command line parameters usually don't require a specific order. I just checked with PI OPC DA Interface 2.5.0.9 and found that the Interface Configuration Utility (ICU) offers setting /RP parameter only if UNIINT Interface level failover is enabled. However, you can enter /RP as additional parameter.