We have an AF hierarchy with 3 large trees. I need to delete the largest tree, which has tens of thousands of elements within it, before running a custom application to re-create it. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty with this.
- First I deleted all the elements under the top of this tree, about 300 in all with the others thousands below them.
- Then I tried to check this change in. After about 10 minutes it timed out.
- So I tried undoing the checkout. Again it timed out after about 10 minutes
- Then I exported the rest of the AF database to a file, intending to create a new DB and re-import.
- Then I tried to rename the existing database. Again, this timed out after about 10 minutes.
- Then I tried to delete the AF database but had to go home before it completed.