3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 2:59 AM by xwang

PI Notification for incremental tag

Kapil.Rakh

I have an alarm count tag for an asset for which I need to set up a notification. The alarm count is the sum of alarms for the underlying assets.

I want to send notification when alarm count goes from 0 to 1 , 1 to 2 , 2 to 3 etc.

The notification is closed email is sent only when alarm count goes back to 0.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

• Re: PI Notification for incremental tag
          xwang

Hi,

Please config 2 attributes for this notification.  These 2 attributes will use the same PI Point (your alarm count tag) as the data reference.  One (previous) will keep the value as "Before", the other (current) will keep the value as "Exact Time".

Then, you could make the notification logic as following:

if previous = 0 and current = 1, then out put state1

if previous = 1 and current = 2, then out put state 2

if previous = 2 and current = 3, then out put state 3

if previous <> 0 and current = 0, then out put state 4 (this is the closed email as you want).

Xi Wang

vCampus team

Kapil.Rakh

Thanks Xi. I actually found a better notification logic with AndConditions Rule. With this, for any change in value I get notification and when the count goes to zero, notification is closed.

AlarmCount > 0 AND AlarmCount AnyChange

I also unchecked "Notify only on change in status".

I couldn't understand though, why State 4 in your solution will send a notification closed email ?

xwang

Hi,

From your request, I noticed "The notification is closed email is sent only when alarm count goes back to 0." from your first thread.  Therefore, I made the No. 4.  The meaning of No. 4 is if alarm count tag is changed from non-zero to zero, you will receive a "closed email".

My logic depended on you need to receive the different information when the alarm count changed from 0 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and any to 0.  If you did not need the different information in from one nofication, your logic is prefect.

Xi Wang

vCampus team