1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 6:52 AM by xwang

Interfaces connections Securitym strange problem

larsoleruben

Hi

Durring setup of our new PI-System, we have encountered a strange problem

I have two PI servers running in a collective. I have a single Interface, at the moment sending data to only one of the PI-Servers. The interface was origianlly setup using the PIADMIN user and everything worked ok.

In order to sharpen security to get production ready, we made a new PI-Identity for the userinterface. We have this Identity read and write rights on all the tags, and also on the every module in the module database.

Then we disabled the PIWorld user. After this the interface service could still send data to PI, but we could not load the interface in ICU anymore. If we enables PIWorld it worked again?

We also tried to add the Identity to the Modulesdatabase under security, but were denied, because we needed a windows principal?

How do i get my interface to use it's "own" identity and be able to disable PIWorld?

5164.skitch-_5B00_2_5D00_.png

7183.skitch.png

Any ideas?

Regards

Lars

• Re: Interfaces connections Securitym strange problem
          xwang

Hi,

This is the TechSupport question.  I recommend to go to OSIsoft TechSuppor team, as they are the experts on PI products.  However, this should be a security setting problem.  I suggest to read the PI secutiy part in PI user manual.  And I believe TechSupport department will ask your trust configuration and PI Identity configuration.  Please provide them, and TechSupport team will tell you how to achieve your goal.

Xi Wang

vCampus team