b903663

DataLink Shift Trending

Discussion created by b903663 on Apr 14, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 by mhalhead

I feel that there is a simple explination or way for me to pull the data that I want from PI I am just not currently untilzing the correct function.

I am pulling calculated data for a PITag. I have a flow meter and I am monitoring what my GPM average and my total for a time period are. I am pulling the tag at 04:00 and 16:00 because those correlate with a shift change. My interval is therefor set to 12h. What I am looking to do is now either build with the tend tab or perferably create side by side tables for each day that have the day shift numbers and night shift number. 

Perhaps this is a bit confusiong to follow so below is what I am looking for:

Asset: PI Tag
Description: PI Tag Attributre
Start Date: 01/01/2014 04:00
End Date: 02/01/2014 04:00
Time Interval: 12h
DAY DAY NIGHT NIGHT
Date Total Value Gal AVG Value GPM Total Value Gal AVG Value GPM
1/1/2014 [16:00] [16:00] [04:00] [04:00]
1/2/2014
1/3/2014
1/4/2014

I want it like this so I can easily buld bar graphs to show the differences and also pick the data out clearly. My problem is that I can not get my PI tags to only generate every other so that I can make the table like this. It is all in one column alternating day, night, say, then night shift and the same day is two rows instead of being a single row. Please help I have been looking and I think I might be able to try something in the expressions option but I am not sure how. I know this format for questions is not always the best but I have been looking at the manuals and the online training videos but I can not seem to find an answer on my own so some power users and expert help would be much appriciated. 

If you have any other questions just ask and I will work to answer them. Thanks in advance. 

Outcomes