4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 1:55 PM by dstahlback

PI UFL msi file missing exe to configure interface

dstahlback

New guy learning PI. was trying to setup UFL on a standalone WIndows 2012 R2 server with PI 2012 SP1, but the download I get is only a msi file (UFL_ICU_3.2.13.17.msi) compared to exe I see in the you tube videos and I don't see any options in my downloads for an exe package in my download options. also it creates the PI_UFL folder in PIPC\ICU folder and no  UFL content in the PIPC\interfaces folder.  Can anybody tell me what Im missing here to get the correct install?

Thanks

Darwin

• Re: PI UFL msi file missing exe to configure interface
          xwang

Hi,

I will push you problem to OSIsoft Techsupport team.  They could help you.  Or you could call OSIsoft Techsupport to look for help.  OSIsoft vCampus team is responsable for helping customer developing special applications topped on PI System.  The vCampus products do not include PI UFL interface.

Xi Wang

vCampus team

Roger Palmen

As indicated in the filename "UFL_ICU_3.2.13.17.msi", this is the windows installer for the ICU, the Interface Configuration tool plugin, and not the UFL interface itself.

You might need to look for the proper download. If you don't find the actual interface, the sites added to your account probably don't have a license for the UFL.

I must admit, i also can't quickly find a download myself even though i should... so maybe it's an issue with the new techsupport site?

Hello Roger and Darwin,

You both have access to downloads included with your vCampus membership only. PI Interface for Universal File and Stream Loading (UFL) is not included with vCampus.

To my understanding if you don't have access to the latest UFL Interface setup kit "UFL_3.3.12.13_.exe" you should as well not be offered to download "UFL_ICU_3.2.13.17.msi" because this is confusing.  

dstahlback

Xi, Roger and Gregor,

Thanks for the responses. Yep. Tech support got back to me last night. Like you mention, the fact I could access the msi file for the UFL interface confused me, other than PI-PI interface, no interfaces are available for access with the vCampus license. Ive sent an email to my account manager to get the correct licensing for our environment.

Thanks

again

Darwin