Asle Frantzen

PI DataLink 2013 missing feature?

Discussion created by Asle Frantzen Champion on Apr 28, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 by Gopal

Is OSIsoft discouraging the use of AF Models?

The reason I ask is that I can't see my models when browsing my AF database through the PI DataLink 2013 search dialog. Only elements are visible in the browse section on the lower left side of the screen.

Normally I stick to elements when creating hierarchies, but this time I had a T&D project where I wanted to try out the connectivity functionality included with the use of AF Model. Well into the project I discover that users can't browse this hierarchy (they do get search results from it, but they can't browse). I then proceed to contact techsupport, where I'm presented with the following answer - and a request to "join vCampus" to push enhancement requests...

[Quote user="OSIsoft Techsupport"]

...Unfortunately, our product development team decided to not include such feature in the current version of DataLink because they think the way it is now is what most of our customers are looking for...

It would be intersting to hear why this is not available (why it's not a bug). Especially since searching a model is possible - and once you know the Excel formula you can easily replace the path to the attribute with one of your own.

Outcomes