PIAdminUnison

How to store an Array of String Values and view them once stored?

Discussion created by PIAdminUnison on Apr 28, 2014
Latest reply on May 9, 2014 by Gregor

Hi All,

I have an issue with some data.  I have an array (or list) of string values I need to store, so users can bring then up based on a TimeStamp.  My first thought was to user a “String” PI Tag but the array of values when concatenated together is too long for a single value in the PI tag.  The second thought was to store each individual value of the array into the PI tag with the same timestamp (i.e. 10 values in the array so 10 entries into the tag with the same timestamp).  This works using DataLink to retrieve the values for the tag, but not when using PI System Explorer (I may have it not set properly).  My next thought was to store the values in a PI AF Table with TimeStamp and Value (using AF 2.4 but going to upgrade to AF 2.6) and lookup the values as a String Array based on a “TimeStamp” PI Tag.  This seems to work for PI System Explorer but not Datalink.  Can someone see my dilemma?  I am not sure which way is the best way or is there another better way.  As for the end user, I can probably direct them to user either tool, or use a PI WebParts webpage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Outcomes