Tony Fenn

Experience with new Asset Based Analytics

Discussion created by Tony Fenn on May 2, 2014
Latest reply on May 4, 2014 by Rhys Kirk
I'm evaluating the new AF Server 2014 and Asset Based Analytics. I'm not sure where this thread should go but I'm hoping that a new thread with on this 'abacus' topic can be started. I have a bunch of questions and will throw out a few here as I'm looking to share and learn: Question 1: I have a list of 5 or 6 analysis (with multiple expressions in each) belonging to one element. I would like to write to an output attribute in one analysis and then clear it by writing again from another analysis.  It appears that I can only write to the same output attribute from only 1 of my analysis. Why is that restricted ? Question 2: To solve the problem stated in 1, can I write directly to an attribute in a PE expression (without declaring an output attribute) ? For example I have an attribute called 'Moving Open', which I have set using an output attribute earlier in my logic, but using another expression I want to clear like this: if DoAction = 1 then ('Moving Open' = 0) else NoOutput() Will this work ? I have many other Asset Based Analytic questions, but will hold off until this thread takes off. Thanks

Outcomes