5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 8:55 PM by rmcerlean

Process Book Display in a winForms .NET application

dbrancaccio

Not sure how to correctly word this but the end goal is to be able to display a process book page in a .NET winforms application. I have seen some documentation on OLE and ActiveX but most is geared toward embedding into a process book display. I can't seem to find how to add a process book page to a winforms application dynamically

• Re: Process Book Display in a winForms .NET application
          xwang

Hi,

I am sorry that not clear what the ProcessBook page you mentioned is.  I guess this might be a .piw file, is that right please?  If so, do you have PI Activeview please?  This could transfer .piw or .pdi file into html file.  Though I do not know how to transfer html file into winforms, it should have some way I believe.

Xi Wang

vCampus team

Hello Dan,

Please let us know what you like to achieve. Is your goal e.g. to save money for ProcessBook licenses or do you possibly intend to "hide" ProcessBook functionality from users i.e. the ability of editing displays?

Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hello Dan,

Besides what was written on previous posts, do you need to have support of VBA code? And also, if your Windows Application opens the same display on PI ProcessBook automatically, would it solve your problem?

dbrancaccio

I was hoping the question was self explanatory, evidently not, my mistake .

I don't need VBA support, or VB .NET either for that matter

I want to develop a thick client application in .NET C# WinForms not WPF

The reason is that I have a very complex and highly functional tree-view developed in .NET that cannot be duplicated with webparts or CoreSight

But would like the capability to display a process book page programatically    based on user interaction with the tree among a number of other factors

So simply put given a WinForm container can I access a particular ProcessBook page and display it in the container?

thank you all for the quick responses

Dan

rmcerlean

Hi Dan,

I believe what you are looking for is PI ActiveView. PI ActiveView is an ActiveX control that you can embed in your C# application to display and manipulate PI ProcessBook displays. If you only need to display the tree view and don't need a full custom forms application, you can create a custom docking window (in .NET) for PI ProcessBook instead that can display the tree view and and interact with displays.

-Ryan