Now that Abacus (aka Asset Based Analytics - ABA) is out (very happy) I thought that I would try and bait OSIsoft into giving a bit more info on the AF roadmap (the techsupport roadmap is a bit light). Below is my wish list:
- Flexible output times for ABA. The current ABA implementation is limited to outputs at the time of execution. I would like to have more flexibility over the output time:
- The ability to specify a relative output time e.g. t+6h
- I would like to ability to be able to have multiple outputs. The same value is written to the PI archives at two different times e.g. y+6h+1s and t+6h. This would allow us to mimic the behaviour of a totalizer (we typically use the two point totalizers)
- I would like the output to be the result of a logical operation (i.e. an analysis template) or an attribute which could be static or calculated (Custom DR, Formula DR, Analysis, ...)
- Custom ABA routines. In other words a replacement for ACE.I do accept that the code will have to be re-written although the hard part being the business logic will remain the same.
- Future data - yes this is more an PI Archive feature but AF needs to support it.
- On premise replication of AF template libraries - yes we are trialing PI CC for this already.
- Reference elements between different AF servers. Basically the same idea as having a referenced element but the elements are on different servers. E.g. you have an enterprise server with all the sites, then each operations has its own AF server with their detailed model. I would love to be able to reference the site's detailed model into the enterprise server with seamless navigation.
- The ability to "hide" attributes from users. We have a fair number of attributes that are infrastructure related and the bulk of the users don't need to see these; all they do is clutter up the interface for the normal users.
- An extension to this would be to have more control over which attributes PI CC sends.
- The ability to add a "script" (or custom logic) to the create, update and delete of elements. The easiest use case I have is when I delete an element I would like it to go and clean up after its self; e.g. remove points (or set them to scan off) that it created.
- Overhaul of the Formula DR. Even with ABA Formulas in AF are still useful particularly as they are calculated on the fly with the inputs from the client. The UI could definitely do with a bit of a spruce up; I land up writing a number of them in notepad.
- Models and connections. I would really like to see models and connections return to AF as a first class citizen rather than the only for SigmaFine status they currently have. I would also like to be able to reason over the models. A connectivity model gives another layer of context.
- PI Notifications should be integrated into ABA and Event Frames. I know that this is already on the cards but I thought I should mention it anyway.
- I should probably mention more on EventFrames but the biggest thing for me on EF at the moment would be back filling events over an extended period; e.g. go and generate an EF for this condition over the past 5 years,
- Last but not least a OLE-DB or ODBC interface into AF that is writable.
This is just a list of the top of my head; I would say up to item 4 is in order of priority. Steve you shouldn't be out of a job in the near future.