s.grainger

PI ActiveView Hiding Controls in PDI

Discussion created by s.grainger on May 16, 2014
Latest reply on May 27, 2014 by dhollebeek
I have a PDI with some values and textboxes.  I need to hide some of the textboxes because it currently isn't applicable to this display.  These textboxes will be utilized later on so I don't want to delete them I simply want to hide them.  This is successful in PI ProcessBook.  When I upload to SharePoint and view in an ActiveView webpart the textboxes are not hidden. Background information: To add the control to the display I went to Add > Control > Microsoft Forms 2.0 TextBox To hide the control I set the visible Property to False.  I also tried hiding it using VBA to see if that would help and it didn't.  (ThisDisplay.TextBox1.Visible = False) I also tried the same thing with a Microsoft Forms 2.0 Label with the same result. I tried the same thing again with a Value which was successful.  Which leads me to believe that the issue is with the Controls. Versions: PI ProcessBook Version 3.3.0.949 PI ActiveView Version 3.2.0.0 PI WebParts Version 2010 R2 SharePoint 2010 References added to VBAProject: VisualBasic for Applications PI-ProcessBook Type Library OLE Automation Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library PISDK 1.3 Type Library Is this a known issue with Microsoft Forms controls?  Am I simply wanting it to do something that it wasn't designed to do?

Outcomes