4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 7:04 AM by SBXIshida

Developing a native PI interface

SBXIshida

I am searching for an information about developing a native PI interface. But I coudn’t find a document about them.

I thought using PI SDK may be a good way to develop a native interface. Does someone know a good way? 

• Re: Developing a native PI interface
          xwang

Hi Takahiro,

I strong suggest to use the new PI AF SDK, as this has the good performance.  You could use UpdataValue / UpdataValues methods under PIPoint Class to write the value / values into PI server

Xi Wang

vCampus team

SBXIshida

Hi Xi Wang

Thank you for the quick response.

So the PI AF SDK is a better way to write a native interface.

Are there any specifications and/or requirements about interface?

xwang

Hi Takahiro,

UpdataValue / UpdataValues will require AFValue class as the argument.  That means it should be necessary to translate your value to AFValue class.  It would be not very difficult, as the AFValue class could include the general data type (like string, int, float32/64) and the timestamp.  The timestamp could be the specific time (like dd-mmm-yyyy) or the localtime (read the machine time).  After this encapsulation, you could use your AFValue into UpdataValue / UpdataValues function.

More detail, please read the PI AF SDK help file under ../pipc/help.  If you cannot find that file, please go to vCampus download center to download AF SDK development tool.  There will be some example and the help file.

Xi Wang

vCampus team