2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 3:23 PM by fwu

AF Analyses Backfill/recalculate

fwu

Hello, I have multiple AF analyses built for couple different element templates, and there are over 9000 AF analyses running currently. I would need to recalculate all of them in certain order at a monthly basis. Thus I can write a small .bat program to remove all the data, then run the backfill in certain order. However, I don't think there is any way to programmatically backfill the AF Analyses because it is not a public exposed object, nor there is any way to sort the element name in the AF Analyses panel in PI System Explorer (this could be a short term work around if it works), it's not practical to pick the ones i need to backfill and click on them one by one.

Is there any way that I can automate the overall backfill process? And when would the sorting or searching feature in AF Analyses be available?

Thank you.

• Re: AF Analyses Backfill/recalculate
          Rhys Kirk

What Analyses are you running that need to be continually re-calculated each month? I'm curious. Maybe an alternative solution lies in what the Analyses are doing?

Must...resist...posting...unsupported...code...to...back...fill...analyses...

• Re: AF Analyses Backfill/recalculate
              fwu

The Analyses is calculating tags whose historical data might be frequently changed by other applications. The only alternative work around I have now would be use PE so that I can do recalculation by coding with recalc. It would be necessary for Analyses to have a recalc or backfill, just like the pirecalc for PE.