3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 12:54 PM by asorokina

Processbook trends in webparts - any limitations?

knightk

Hi, I am running into some problems trying to move some Processbook displays to web parts. We have a requirement to display multiple trends in a list on one page, which the users can then double click into for a better view, but the requirement is that all data can be seen easily at a glance.

In Processbook these trends look fine (height is around PB:130) but when these go to web parts, it never seems to display the first trace (although we can see its markers), it also is trying to draw a big border around the trend which makes it smaller than it appears in Processbook. I am wondering if this is a known limitation of displaying trends in web parts, or if it can be tweaked? I have tried editing multiple parameters in the SVG file but none seem to make much difference. A problem we keep running into also is that the scales will be shown (which we don't want) and the first trace will have scale values of "NaN"

Please see image of an example, the trend on the far left is ideally what we want to see and its fine in Processbook, as it increases in size we can see the first trace, but the top and bottom borders and still making the trend too small, by the time it gets large, we have the scale values, which ideally we dont want to see as looking to keep these trends clean. Does anyone have any ideas/experience with similar? many thanks.

7356.Untitled.png

• Re: Processbook trends in webparts - any limitations?
          asorokina

Hi Keilan,

Are these trends configured to show PI Point data or AF Attributes data?

Could you please clarify what are the versions of PI WebParts, PI ProcessBook and MS Sharepoint?

Also, please, share the screenshot of PI Graphic web part configuration (the menu to the right when you edit web part).

We may need to pass this issue to our Tech Support team as it seems to be related to the internal known issues (just for reference: # 100101 and # 14099OSI8).

Kind regards,

Anna

• Re: Processbook trends in webparts - any limitations?
              knightk

Hi,

The trends in the example above are just using some random tags and using the PI point directly, although our screen would be using element relative displays (tag references)

With regards version, we are using Sharepoint/Webparts both v2010 and developing in PBook 2012. I'm unable to edit the web part so can't get a screenshot there, but I am told there is nothing out of the ordinary with the settings, the size is hard coded to 1250 x 800, chrome type: border.

I am unable to find the known issues you have mentioned in the KB, can you please elaborate further?

Another snag we have found is that the trends within the graphic seem to inherit the global settings with regards time range. We were looking to have these small trends display 24h summaries, with a 7 day bigger trend to the right with some key data, but all trends are showing as 5 days, but I think I have read another thread that this is a known limitation? Is this something that will be addressed in future versions?

Thanks,

Keilan