8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 2:26 PM by marco.zoccoli

PI APS Manual

marco.zoccoli

Hi all,

I'm searching for last version of 2 manuals about APS (OPC & PItoPI). I have found this:

PI OPCInt APS 1.1.0.1

PI PItoPI APS 1.4.0.0

Is this the last version for manuals? If not, where I can find last version?

Regards,

Marco

• Re: PI APS Manual
          Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hi Marco,

If you go to OSIsoft TechSupport Download Center, you will find  the manual PI_OPCInt_APS_1.2.0.0.doc, which is a more recent version than yours. Concerning the PI PItoPI APS, you have the most recent version.

Hope this helps!

marco.zoccoli

Thanks a lot!!!

Have a nice day,

Marco

marco.zoccoli

Marcos,

reading PI_OPCInt_APS_1.2.0.0.doc manual, seems that some field (like compression, exception, datasecurity, ptsecuriy, ...) are  managed by OPCInt_APS only at Global Level. Is this true?

Thanks & Regards,

Marco

larsoleruben

Hi there seems to be a Manual for version 1.2.5.0, which is later than the above mentioned. Is that really the most recent?

Hello Lars,

Thank you for drawing the attention back to this thread. I just realize there's no answer to Marco's last question.

The manual you referenced is for PI Auto Point Synchronization (APS) 1.2.5.0, so specific for APS. A so called APS connector is required for a specific interface to support APS. The APS connector manual for PI Interface for OPC DA is this one (version 1.2.0.0).

Generally with "Current Version" selected Technical Support web should list the most recent version. I am not aware of any issues with that but if you are in doubt, please ask.

Hello Marco,

I need to start with a correction. The link Lars provided refers PI AutoPointSync (APS) 1.2.5.0 setup kit. The most recent manual for PI AutoPointSync (APS) version 1.2.6.0 can be found here.

Marco Zoccoli

reading PI_OPCInt_APS_1.2.0.0.doc manual, seems that some field (like compression, exception, datasecurity, ptsecuriy, ...) are  managed by OPCInt_APS only at Global Level. Is this true?

Yes. PI Interface for OPC DA (OPCInt) - APS Connector manual does not refer compression, exception, ptsecurity nor datasecurity but PI AutoPointSync (APS) manual has the answer:

The Compression & Exception Default Settings area contains the default values that are used for compression and exception attributes when PI APS creates a PI point for an Available Point. If the PI APS Connector for the interface provides values for any of these attributes, the attribute value from the PI APS Connector is not replaced by the default value.

PI Auto Point Synchronization is an application that is capable to create new PI Points and to assign them to existing interface instances. For this purpose "item" definitions are read from the data source and used when creating new PI Points. For example, a "VT_R4" data item exposed by an OPC Server becomes translated into Point type "Float32". Because there's usually not an equivalent to all attributes of a PI Point, PI APS offers the ability to specify defaults that are used when creating new PI Points.