larry.mcdonald

AFLibrary translations

Discussion created by larry.mcdonald on Jul 7, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 by asorokina

Using the code below (AFSDK 2.6), we read an XML file (myLibraryFile.xml) that contains the definitions of AFElementTemplates and AFEnumerations.  

myLibrary = afDatabase.PISystem.Libraries.Add("myLibraryFile.xml", "My.Library");
afDatabase.PISystem.CheckIn();

myLibrary.Import(afDatabase);
afDatabase.CheckIn();

This works, but we have a requirement that the attribute names need to be translated into different languages.  Testing with Cyrillic characters, the error occurs:  

A first chance exception of type 'System.OperationCanceledException' occurred in OSIsoft.AFSDK.dll Additional information: Error occurred on line 332, column 9, near 'AFAttributeTemplate' while processing Element Template 'My.Element.Template': An invalid character '?' was used in the name '????????? ??????? ??????'. Parameter name: name

Using the same file (myLibraryFile.xml), I can use PI System Explorer and import the file to create AFElementTemplates and AFEnumerations -- and the Cyrillic characters are imported successfully.  Is there a different function that I should be using through the AFSDK to successfully read and import the XML file that contains Cyrillic characters?

Outcomes