5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 12:42 PM by Gregor

TimeEq error

Cboggie

I cannot get this equation to work in Datalink. 

Datalink 4.2.0

=TimeEq("'OSKANS:IT_031035_31_PV'","*-1d","*", 0)

Bascially i want to calculate how long this tag was 0 over the past day.

Keep getting #NAME? error in excel

Any suggestions?

• Re: TimeEq error
          xwang

Hi,

TimeEq is the PE function.  In PI Datalink, there is a function named "Time Filtered" to calculate the time.  For your goal, please input  'OSKANS:IT_031035_31_PV'>0  to the "Expression(s)" field.  And you could choose the time units to show the result from "Time units" field.  Wish this could help.

Xi Wang

vCampus team

Cboggie

thank you.  that's perfect.

Could you tell me how to format the number inline?

=PITimeFilter("'OSKANS:ME_031312_STATUS' = ""Off""",'Sheet1'!$D$2:$E$2,'Sheet1'!$G$2,"7d","hours",0,"oskans03mp")

Here is the formula, ive tried adding "0.0" in several places without success.

xwang

Hi,

Where do you need to put in 0.0 please?  0.0 is a float type.  In the formula, I believe you could use it when your PI point is a float type, which might make sense.  However, if you use it as "*-0.0d", the result is same as "*".  Moreover, if using the "0.0h" in "Time interval", you will get a error of "Invalid Time interval".  

Xi Wang

vCampus team

Cboggie

This formula gives me a result of, for Example:  1.22234433.  I can use excel's formating and change it to 1.22.  However, if i refresh or change a date, it goes back to 1.22234433.  I believe there is a way to format the result, within the formula.

Hello Chad,

You can configure how many decimal places you see with PI DataLink -> Settings. By default "Number format" is set to "General". If you just like to see 2 decimal places, please enter "0.00" (without double quotes) into "Number formats".