i have some old ACE projects developed in "Visual-Studio-2008", need to convert those projects to 2010.
could any one help me in the same.
Thanks in Advance
There is really no secret on this conversion since Visual Studio will convert the project for you with its wizard. Let’s suppose you have an ACE project developed in Visual Studio 2008. When you open this project in Visual Studio 2010, a wizard will appear and will automatically convert the project for you.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for your info, i agree with your answer, but respective to ACE after converting to 2010 i couldn't debug or import input or output tags in ACE- Wizard
Can you create a simple ACE project with Visual Studio 2008 and then convert to Visual Studio 2010, checking if the debug still works? I have just done that and it works fine. Also, concerning your project, do you receive any error message?
i have one task to create "Max(tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5, tag6)."
how can we create logic in ACE. could you please help me in the same
As your calculation is really simple, I recommend you using two other options instead of PI ACE:
1) PI Performance Equation if you are working with PI Tags: You will use an expression like Max('sinusoid','cdt158'). You can configure this PI Point through PI SMT under Points-->Performance Equation. PI ACE should be used for more advanced calculations when it is not possible to implement with PI Performance Equation.
2) PI Asset Based Analytics in case you are working with Attributes instead of PI Points. In this case you will use a similar expression but you must have PI AF 2014 installed. You should use PI System Explorer to make this configuration. We have recorded a webinar about this product. I think you it will be worth taking a look at this video.
Hope it helps!
Client is expecting from us to create logic in ACE. Actually, Here we need to create below 3 logic's to create
1. Max(tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5, tag6).
2. Min(tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5, tag6).
3. Max(tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5, tag6)-Min(tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4, tag5, tag6).
it would be helpful for me, if you provide solution in ACE
in one of calculation need to implement below
PIXXXXXX_CAL.Value = ((PIXXXXXX_PV.value-PIXXXXXX_PV.value)-(PIXXXXXX_PV.value-PIXXXXXX_PV.value))/ln((PIXXXXXX_PV.value-PIXXXXXX_PV.value)/(PIXXXXXX_PV.value-PIXXXX_PV.value))
Hw to declare "ln" in ACE
please need help in the same.
If you want to use Max and Min functions, you can use the Max and Min from the Math class from .NET Framework. Please read the Math.Max method and Math.Min method from MSDN for more information. The PI ACE Project is actually a VB.NET class library project so you are able to take advantage of the .NET libraries.
I am not sure what do you mean by the "In". Please check all the Math methods in order to find one suitable for you.
thanks for you input. it is helpful for me
Retrieving data ...