1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 9:43 AM by Gregor

PIData UpdateValue discards timetamp int the past older than 230 days

martin.klauck

Hi all,

I have written a small tool that loads some old point values into pi via PI SDK.

It works fine in general except if I try to enter data with time stamp in the past around 230 days before the current date.

Data with less time difference are saved fine.

I'm wondering if there is a setting that limits the max time span difference from now?

Best

Martin Klauck

• Re: PIData UpdateValue discards timetamp int the past older than 230 days

Hello Martin,

What's the PI Data Archive version you are running? Depending on the version there might be different reasons. Please use a command prompt to figure out the exact build. Here's an example with the commands to execute and an excerpt of the output you'll receive:

C:\Users\gregor>cd /d %piserver%
          C:\PI>cd adm
          C:\PI\adm>piversion -v
          Installation version,3.4.390.16
          Installation binaries,64-bit
          PI Build Name,390_Release_20120924.1

Please also check if there's an archive registered covering the period *-230days. You can use piartool -al command for this purpose.

Finally chose one affected point and check with the creationdate tag attribute if the point was created before or after *-230days.

Technical Support KB00848 - Backfilling with piconfig has some related background info.