4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 9:00 AM by johngaytor

xml opc-da

johngaytor

Hi all

Background

we use xml opc-da OSI interfaces for our windfarms.

We have a new interface and I need to find a way to list all the tags it has.

We use Advosol xml opc gateway servers at the source end and the OSI xml interface to read the data. Advosol has a test client so we can see if the tags are there and can list them but we have no way to export the list and there are thousands of tags.

I really dont want to have to start writing a custom application for this but wonder if anyone has knowledge of a tool that will export the list of xml opc-da tags???

• Re: xml opc-da
          mhalhead

Hi John,

You can simply use the PI SMT tools or PI Builder on the 2.6+ version of AF. Simply do a search against a search using the interfaces pointsource and location1. An interfaces tags are defined by the PS and the ID (Location1).

You can also use PI OLE DB to do this.

johngaytor

hmm I don't yet have any PI tags - I need the list of data points being sent by the xml-opc-da server so we can choose which tags we build - so currently there is nothing in PI to search against

mhalhead

Oops different problem. We use a product from IDXOnline called Tag Manager to automate the point config. You could look at whether there is an APS (Auto Point Sync) adapter for the OPC XML DA interface; the OPCInt APS manual mentions various XML DA servers but I have no experience with them. Techsupport would be the best people to ask.