4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 10:33 AM by fsaab

Process book rounding

fsaab

Hello,

is it possible to configure process book show values with a specific rounding or to let AF to return values with a specific rounding.

else how to accomplish rounding in process book ? using PE??

Best 

• Re: Process book rounding

Hello Francois,

Yes, you can do this using calculated Data Sets (PI Calculation). There exists a Round() function in PE. Please see PI Performance Equation Reference Manual at %PIHOME%\Help for reference. I however suggest you looking into number formatting first. Please see this screenshot of the Define Value dialog.

2742.DefineValue.jpg

fsaab

Thanks Gregor, me too i prefer the format....

is there any way to do general formatting configuration without having to go tag by tag and apply the formatting.

Hello Francois,

Tag by tag or control by control?

If you are seeking for a general way to set the numerical precision, please look at the Displaydigits tag attribute.

In case you like to apply settings different from what is defined with Displaydigits in a ProcessBook display, you will have to go control by control or in case of trends, trace by trace. I haven't tried this with the number format but iterating through the controls and setting the number formats using VBA should be possible.