6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 9:46 PM by Dan Fishman

PI Analytics (abacus): Event-Trigger only responding to Snapshot? Is there any additional influence of the "last evaluation timestamp" as set by backfilling?

Roger Palmen

Hi,

Let's double-check my experiments.

1. I have an analysis with an Event-Trigger. The Trigger is set to one specific PI Point attribute. Is the PI analytics scheduler only listening to events from the snapshot? If so, the consequence is that updates to Archived values, or even more important to me, out-of-order events are not processed as they do not pass through the Snapshot.
      2. Is there any Is there any additional influence of the "last evaluation timestamp" as set by backfilling? If i create a trigger event at timestamp X, backfill to a time beyond X, remove the event and analysis output at timestamp X, and create a new event at timestamp X and X+1, there is no corresponding output at timestamp X, but there is at timestamp X+1. This makes me believe that not even all snapshot events are processed by the analytics scheduler, but only those after the "last evaluation timestamp". (a subsequent backfill does generate the output at X).